We're Hiring - Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Talk Direct is an O2 franchise who opened one of their first stores in the Leeds Merrion Shopping Centre in 2005. We are now one of the most successful franchisees in the country with 16 stores across Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and the North East of England. We are an Investors in People Silver accredited company until 2021 and are the proud winners of the 2016 British Franchise Association HSBC ‘Judges Award’ for the pioneering Project iCare campaign to provide access to technology to those who are visually impaired.
Talk Direct are also the proud sponsors of The Diana Award who are the only charity allowed to bear the name of Diana, Princess of Wales recognising the young unsung heroes across Yorkshire and Humberside. We also support some local charities such as The Partially Sighted Society who offer help, support and equipment for anyone with a visual impairment and Roundabout Charity who are a local youth housing charity in Sheffield providing shelter, support and life skills to young people.
- Managing a team of six staff
- Identifying and implementing continuous process improvements
- Timely production of accounts and forecasts with appropriate commentary to share with senior management
- Preparation and development of reporting information of performance against budget
- Development of financial policies and processes to support all businesses within the Group
- Ensuring that robust financial controls are in place
- Providing MI and analysis to SMT
- Leading year-end audit activity with external auditors ensuring compliance with organisation policies and regulatory requirements
- Managing and overseeing a small but busy finance team – overseeing the following:
- Monthly payroll for sales staff and calculating commissions
- Payroll for the Group
- Preparation of VAT bank reconciliations
- Stock control and purchase ledger processing
- Financial accounting
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of Sage and Advanced Access skills would be preferable
You will be a qualified accountant with a proactive approach and a strong focus on financial performance, excellent communication skills and good team building skills. You will have the ability to challenge when necessary and be hands on to work alongside the team in every area.
Previous experience working for a busy owner managed business would be preferable and you will have experience leading and managing a small team of experienced transactional staff.
Excellent remuneration and good benefits package.
This is a unique opportunity to join a pivotal business within the UK, and provide the successful candidate with a rare opportunity to be part of the next chapter of their history and help the business realise its potential.
If you have the right credentials and the appetite to join Talk Direct and make a difference, please apply by sending your CV and/or application to GMcBride@brewsterpratap.co.uk
PLEASE NOTE ALL THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BREWSTER PRATAP
To apply for this job, and find out more click here
Why work for Talk Direct?
Talk Direct is a leading O2 Franchise and have multiple retail stores in Yorkshire and the North East, along with the other businesses in the Group.
We are always looking for new talent to join our team and this role as Head of Finance is pivotal to the business and works hand in hand with the MD and the wider management team.
Passionate - about technology
Friendly - environment
Trusted - relationship with our customers
Engaging - with communities
Are you friendly and outgoing with a hands on attitude and excellent people management skills?
Can you think outside the box and work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and fast paced environment?
Have you got the drive and ambition to help take the Talk Direct group to the next level in its growth strategy?
Have you ever ran your own business or worked in an SMB or worked in a highly acquisitive organisation?
Are you a quick learner and a wizard on Access and have advanced Excel to produce meaningful business intelligence?
If you have answered yes to any of the above then you might be just what we are looking for. In return for your commitment and loyalty to the business we are proud to offer the following perks on top of other standard benefits.
- The role is based in Batley (free parking)
- O2 Staff Discounts for friends and family
- Heavily discounted staff rates on personal mobile
- Healthcare cover worth over £1000 a year
- 24hr Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributory pensions scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Annual recognition Awards Ceremony
Talk Direct are proud to be one of the top 100 businesses in Yorkshire in 2017, with a Silver Accreditation Investors In People Award until 2021. key to success in the role as Head of Finance.